Veggie Bread Roll
2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Prerna Polepally
Grade: 6th Grade – Mount View Middle School
Recipe Inspiration: This recipe is a special family favorite and I thought I it would be nice to share with some other people. My recipe is healthy, kid friendly and yummy. Those are 3 qualities I, personally, look for in recipes.
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 slices Wheat Bread crusts removed
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 1 cup Potato (cubed)
- 1 cup Carrots thawed
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- Heat vegetables in a microwave safe bowl for 3 with ¼ cup water.
- Add Salt, Chili Powder, Cumin, Nutmeg and heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix and smash ingredients in the bowl.
- Flatten bread slices with a dough roller after removing crusts.
- Spread vegetable mixture on bread and roll then place in damp paper towel for a few minutes.
- Saute on griddle that has been basted with olive oil at 400 degree F until golden brown on all edges. Turn roll with tongs to brown evenly.
- Serve whole or cut rolls into four pieces and enjoy as an appetizer!
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.