2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Prerna Polepally
Grade: 6th Grade – Mount View Middle School
Recipe Inspiration: This recipe is a special family favorite and I thought I it would be nice to share with some other people. My recipe is healthy, kid friendly and yummy. Those are 3 qualities I, personally, look for in recipes.
- Heat vegetables in a microwave safe bowl for 3 with ¼ cup water.
- Add Salt, Chili Powder, Cumin, Nutmeg and heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix and smash ingredients in the bowl.
- Flatten bread slices with a dough roller after removing crusts.
- Spread vegetable mixture on bread and roll then place in damp paper towel for a few minutes.
- Saute on griddle that has been basted with olive oil at 400 degree F until golden brown on all edges. Turn roll with tongs to brown evenly.
- Serve whole or cut rolls into four pieces and enjoy as an appetizer!
Developed by BN Web Design