Tortilla Sushi for Kids With Dip
2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Natalie Robinson
Grade: 3rd Grade – Veterans Elementary School
Recipe Inspiration: I was looking through one of my mother’s cookbooks and saw a recipe for sushi. I like sushi, but it’s too hard for a kid to make – and it had ingredients that weren’t allowed for the contest. So I got the idea to make a kid-friendly sushi recipe.
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Red Pepper
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1/2 of a 10 oz package of Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup Plain Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- Cut the vegetables into long strips
- Cut the wraps to strip size
- Put humus on the first 1/4 of the wrap
- Roll up the vegetables and the wrap
- Put humus on the edge of the wrap to seal
- Cut the cylindrical wrap into the desired sized sushi pieces
- Mix the spinach, yogurt, and pesto
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.