Greek Salad Sandwich
2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Camryn Johnson
Grade: 6th Grade – Patuxent Valley Middle
Recipe Inspiration: This is one of my family’s favorite recipes that I changed to make healthier.
- 2 Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
- 1 head of Lettuce
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 can black olives Sliced
- 1 container of Hummus
- 1 container of Low Fat Feta
- Clean and chop vegetables. In large mixing bowl, mix lettuce, vegetables, and black olives.
- Sprinkle with oregano and crumbled feta cheese. Continue to stir all ingredients.
- Spread hummus on the inside of pita pocket.
- Add the salad mixture to your pita pocket, and enjoy.
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.