Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (not concerned with making it raw, substitute 1 ½ cup canned diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 cup Basil fresh
- 2 1/2 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in water in a glass container overnight to soften. Then, pour half of the excess water in a small container and set aside.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and remaining water in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add the extra soak water from the tomatoes.
- If you run out of soak water and more water is needed, add it until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you’re using this as a spread or pesto, you may want it thicker than using it as a sauce
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.