Healthy Rice Paper Wraps for Kids
2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Karis Lee
Grade: 3rd Grade – Elkridge Elementary School
Recipe Inspiration: We/our family love tacos, burritos and lettuce wraps from the Cheesecake Factory. We wanted to make something that is very similar to them. We eat “Rice Paper Wraps” very often when we get fresh vegetables. It’s very easy and quick. Also fun to make with rice paper which is very thin. It’s an easy way to eat different kinds of vegetables at once.
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Rice Papers
- Onion Chopped
- Chopped carrots Chopped
- Green Peppers Chopped
- Pineapple Chunked or cubed
- Avocado Cubed
- Veggies Optional: add any other kind of chopped vegetables
- Chop of all the vegetables that you have chosen for your wrap
- Arrange all of the vegetables on a serving platter
- Put rice paper in cold water to make it soft
- Place rice paper on a plate
- Place the chopped vegetables* on the rice paper
- Wrap the rice paper around the vegetables and you have built your own wrap!
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.