Fruity Salmon Caesar Salad
2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Shaylah Thomas
Grade: 9rd Grade – Homewood High School
Recipe Inspiration: The spring weather inspired me to create this recipe.
- 1 14.75 oz. can of Salmon
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (light)
- 1 tbsp of Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Whole Wheat French Bread (cubed)
- 1/4 tsp Margarine
- 1 bag of Spinach (washed well)
- 1 medium Apple (diced) suggested: honey crisp or gala
- 1 medium Carrot (shaved with peeler)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp Low Fat Caesar Salad
- Prepare salmon by dumping the can in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the salmon, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mash all of the ingredients together and shape into round patties. Set aside.
- Next, in a large skillet melt the margarine over medium heat and add French bread cubes.
- Toss the bread cubes in the skillet and sprinkle 1/4 tsp. of the garlic powder.
- Sauté the bread cubes until brown and remove from heat and pan. Set aside.
- Next, assemble the salad by adding the spinach, apple, carrot, red onion, cranberries, French bread croutons, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss salad and set side.
- In a skillet that you used for preparing the croutons, lightly brown the salmon patties on both sides over medium heat (turn them 3-4 times and press with the spatula to ensure that they are cooked well on the inside).
- Remove from heat and split each pattie in fourths.
- Place salmon bites on top of the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.