2015 HOWARD COUNTY HEALTHY KIDS COOK-OFF FINALIST RECIPE!!!
Recipe Developed by: Matthew Seliger
Grade: 4th Grade – Thunder Hill Elementary School
Recipe Inspiration: This recipe is important to me because it is the first recipe I ever created (I have made others since). I invented it after attending a cooking camp where I was introduced to both salsa and eggplant for the first time. I liked eggplant so much, I wanted to see if I could combine it with salsa. It is my favorite recipe because it is healthy, delicious, and uses my favorite fruit (eggplant)!
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups Eggplant
- 2 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 large Shallot
- 1 bunch of Scallions
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes. Salt just enough to sprinkle over all pieces. Put in a strainer for 20 minutes. Thoroughly wash. Dry. Set aside.
- Cube tomatoes and pepper. Mince all herbs and shallots.
- Heat an oiled pan to medium high heat. Brown eggplant and shallots.
- Mix all the ingredients together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Beanito chips. Enjoy.
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.