Sweet Potato Black Bean Street Taco
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 15.5oz Black Beans canned: drain and rinse
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 8 Tortillas Small flour or corn tortillas
- Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (or vegan sour cream)
Units: Servings: people
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes.
- In a small skillet, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add cardamom and a dash of chili pepper. This is very spicy hot seasoning, so add more or less according to taste.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix seasonings into oil for 30 seconds.
- Then add diced sweet potatoes and coat with oil, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add water and let simmer for 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and water has cooked down.
- Then add drained and rinsed black beans and cook for another 2 minutes until black beans are warm.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or skillet.
- Then top with 5-6 leaves of spinach.
- Add sweet potato mixture and sour cream. Enjoy immediately.
Share this Recipe
Submit a Comment