The holidays are upon us! If you’re looking for some fun gifts to give to parents, grandparents, teachers, neighbors, and other special people in your life, we’ve got you covered. These special kitchen-inspired gifts are as fun to make as they are to give. The following holiday gift ideas are guaranteed to be favorites because they were made by you and come from the heart!
1. Framed Recipe. Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share with your loved ones? Writing it down in your own unique handwriting is a great way to share a keepsake with someone special. Help them preserve it for years to come by putting it in a homemade frame or a pretty one you found in a store. Make this gift even better by including a sample of the recipe you’ve cooked!
2. Decorated Apron. You can get an inexpensive canvas apron at most craft stores. Get creative by adding your handprints or other artwork with fabric paint.
3. Painted Mug. Do some of the grownups in your life love starting each day with a cup of coffee or tea? By decorating a mug for them, they’ll be reminded each morning of how much you love them! You can do this gift project at home with colorful permanent markers or by visiting a paint-it-yourself pottery shop. We recommend hand washing the mug instead of putting it in the dishwasher to preserve your art.
4. Favorite Food. Never underestimate how much people enjoy a homemade treat at the holidays. Spend some time in the kitchen making one of your favorite foods to share with others. Quick breads, soups, and cookies are all great options. Hint: if food allergies are a concern for the recipient, be sure to list your ingredients to ensure their safety.
5. Custom Spice Blend. If you consider yourself to be a chef (and since you’re here, we’re guessing you do), share some of your culinary magic with friends and family by making them a jar of your favorite spice blend. If you have a blend of spices you like to add to your signature dishes, you can premix them to give as a gift. Put the blend in a jar with a lid and tie a ribbon around it. This gift is sure to get plenty of use!