Although delicious, most pancakes would make more sense on the dessert menu rather than the breakfast table! If you love pancakes but want a breakfast that will actually fuel your morning, then this recipe is for you. Not only do these pancakes only require a few ingredients, but they’re super easy to make, too. Grab your supplies and get to cooking!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
*Makes one serving (2 medium sized pancakes, increase ingredient amounts to make more)
-1 Ripe banana. Ripe bananas provide a softer texture and sweeter taste. Additionally, ripe bananas tend to be easier for your stomach to digest!
-1 ½ Tbs binding agent. Good choices include almond meal, ground flaxseed, and whole wheat flour blends
-1 Tbs coconut oil
-Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice
-100% Pure maple syrup
Here’s What You’ll Do:
*If you’re an extra young cook, ask an adult to help you with the following.
1. Peel banana and break into chunks in bowl.
2. Use fork to mash banana until smooth.
3. Crack egg and add to banana.
4. Scoop binding agent to mixture.
5. Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
6. Add coconut oil to pan and allow it to heat over medium high heat (don’t forget that adult helper!). You can use other healthy cooking oils, but the mild sweet flavor of coconut oil makes it a great choice!
7. Pour batter into hot pan (another job best left to your adult helper!).
8. Allow pancake to cook on first side until edges begin to turn golden brown (cooking times will vary, but one minute is a good estimate).
9. Flip pancake and allow second side to cook.
10. Serve and enjoy! These taste great as is, or you can top with any of the optional suggestions above. Feel free to get creative with your own topping ideas, too!